Recommendations for Travellers to China
1. Recommendations for travellers to the areas affected by the novel coronavirus
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid animals (alive or dead) and animal markets.
- Avoid raw or undercooked products of animal origin. Consume only thoroughly cooked food.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. After removing visible dirt from the hands, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Inform your physician on travelling abroad. This particularly applies to elderly persons and persons suffering from chronic diseases, who have a higher risk of contracting the more severe form of the disease and complications.
- Seek medical care right away. Before going to a doctor’s office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about the recent travel and symptoms.
- Do not travel while sick.
- Avoid contact with others. If this is not possible, wear a surgical mask that covers the mouth and nose when interacting with people.
- Cover the mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. After removing visible dirt from the hands, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.Persons who do not have a nominated doctor in their place of residence may contact (or call) emergency services, or their local epidemiologist on call according to their place of residence.